Sunday, January 25, 2009

Society Cafe @ Encore


I'm not a huge fan of the strip and all of the craziness but I have to admit there are some good eats on the other side of town. We have been looking forward to checking out Encore (Steve Wynn's latest hotel which is connected to Wynn). The restaurant selection looks great. We decided to start with lunch at Society Cafe. Our server brought out homemade kettle potato chips with french onion dip, soft, warm pretzel sticks and a whipped mustard butter. Not a bad way to start things off. We decided to skip apps but it wasn't easy. I really wanted the "Quiche Trio" but I knew I would be stuffed after my "Charred Rare Yellowfin Tuna Sliders". The tuna sliders were very tasty..not the best tuna burgers I've ever had but I would order them again. The actual tuna was a bit sparse. The burger also came with some shrimp chips which was a nice accompaniment. Actually, I have to give props to Harry's in NYC http://www.harrysnyc.com/. By far the best tuna burger I have ever had..giant portion with plenty of delicious condiments to compliment the fish...excellent! Ilya ordered the "Grilled Ham and Cheese" which was made with Kurobuta Ham and Gruyere Cheese. It tasted very similar to a croque monsieur without the bechamel sauce.

The ambiance in Society is very hip and elegant. I love the design..everything from the wall paper to the drapery. It's a cool place with a fun menu and I look forward to going back and sampling some more tasty bits.
http://www.encorelasvegas.com/pdf/SocietyCafe_menu.pdf

No comments: